- Cannot start service OMSDK on computer
- The System Center Data Access service could not start
- A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the System Center Data Access Service service to connect.
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <IP-address>:5724
I've seen a lot off solutions for this errors, but for me this were the right ones:
- A service does not start + reboot the server
- SDK and Configuration service timeouts + reboot the server
The service control manager waits for the time that is specified by the ServicesPipeTimeout entry before logging event 7000 or 7011. Services that depend on the Windows Trace Session Manager service may require more than 60 seconds to start. Therefore, increase the ServicesPipeTimeout value appropriately to give all the dependent services enough time to start.
We had the same problem both services failed to start after applying windows updates. It also caused a problem with de SQL reporting service(s) not automatically starting after a restart. The update that caused the problem for us was 'Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2677070)'. After removing that update both services started fine again and on servers with the SQL Reporting Service installed it would start automatically once again.
After this the Data Access service was started and OpsMgr 2012 installation was continuing! How it's possible that Microsoft releases a patch (which is still available) that brakes the OpsMgr 2012 setup? Hope they have a fix for this issue soon.