1. On the Windows RT device, users select Start, and type “System Configuration”, and click the dialog box to open the Company Apps.
2. The users enter their company credentials and are authenticated. This establishes a relationship between the user, the Windows RT device, and the Windows Intune service.
3. Windows Intune collects inventory and applies management settings. Users now have access to line-of-business apps and direct links to the app store through the company portal.
|Company Portal on Windows RT 8.1|
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, the user enrolls through the device.
1. On the Windows 8.1 device, the user selects Settings, clicks PC Settings, then clicks Network, and finally, clicks Workplace.
2. The user enters their user ID in the (ID) field.
3. The user clicks Turn on and provides their password.
4. The user agrees to the Allow apps and services from IT admin dialog box, and clicks Turn on.
|Surface 2 RT 8.1 in ConfigMgr 2012 R2|
Source: How to Manage Mobile Devices by Using Configuration Manager and Windows Intune